- Bristol City Council (5 primary schools and 5 elderly peoples’ homes)
- South Somerset District Council (4 offices and depots)
- The National Trust (3 large stately homes)
We have also helped numerous farmers install boilers on their farms.
We pride ourselves in helping our clients match the best boiler to their woodfuel choice and create an installation that is as simple and hassle free as possible. Our aim is to help block out the background noise from companies that are selling their wares and present the pros and cons of each option so that the client can make the best decision for their land, their woodfuel resource, their facilities, their building and their lifestyle .
We can tailor make a feasibility study to your requirements. Typically we would consider the following elements:
- Proposed boiler location, boiler size, and any site specific logistics issues
- Fuel requirements, fuel store size, fuel delivery options, frequency of fuel movements and amount of ash to be disposed of
- Annual rebate value from the Renewable Heat Incentive, annual savings compared to fossil fuels, estimated system cost, payback and return on investment
- Technical information and pros and cons of suitable boilers and contact details of recommended installers
Following the feasibility study we can help the client take the project further with our turn key management activities which include the boiler procurement, woodfuel contracting, assistance during the boiler installations and applying for Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) accreditation with Ofgem. You can read a case study about one of our farmer clients here.
Unlike other renewable energy options such as photovoltaics and wind turbines, biomass systems require considerable user input over 20 years. Hence, a decision has to be the right one as the client will have to live with the consequences for 20 years. C4E’s principal objective is to act as a trusted advisor helping clients install an appropriate technology and demonstrate quality and best practice. We have visited over 100 boiler installations and seen the many ways of doing things wrong. We can help pass on these lessons learned to our clients so they don’t have to find out the hard way.